This is pretty cool. It’s just like a movie trailer. This is what NASA needs more of. More promotions like this one to get people involved and interested in space once again.
Have you heard about the Russian scientist claiming to have seen evidence of life on Venus? One of the photos, taken by a Soviet probe three decades ago, is suppose to look like a scorpion. Really? It’s over 800 degrees on the surface of Venus.
Here is a grainy photo:
Why do all the photos taken that claim to have something in them always looks blurry? For instance:
Seriously though, I’m more inclined to believe a clear photoshoped photo like this one:
Anyway, I got to thinking this “Space Scorpion” thing could be the perfect Syfy Saturday night bad CGI monster movie. It basically writes itself!
Start off with the discovery of the strange Russian Venus photos showing what seem to show life forms. Have a crazy looking Russian scientist being interviewed by an Art Bell-like interviewer about his discovery. Coincidentally, at the same time, have the U.S. putting the finishing touches on a robot probe that will visit Venus, land, collect a soil sample and return to Earth. The Venus probe successfully accomplishes it goal and returns to Earth six months later not only with Venusian soil, but also Space Scorpion eggs! NASA scientists at (pick a location – NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA), discover the eggs, keep it a secret from the world and begin studying them. Russians catch wind of this discovery from a mole within NASA, send some of their agents over to break into the Langley facility and steal the Space Scorpion eggs. The Russian agents almost get away with the eggs, but run into NASA security chief (pick a name – Chad) who is an ex-Green Beret soldier (played by any B-list celebrity. Maybe get Dean Cain, Kevin Sorbo or even Bruce Campbell). Chad usually works at night, but is coming to NASA during the day to have lunch with his scientist wife (played by a any hot B-list actress. Maybe get Lucy Lawless). A gunfight breaks out with lots of explosions because Chad is a badass. As a result, the Space Scorpion eggs get loose in the drainage system, hatch and begin growing – fast! Because the Space Scorpions live on Venus, which is dry and 800 degrees hot (on a good day), the wet environment of the drainage system causes the insects to grow like crazy! The Space Scorpions quickly take over Langley and began a path of destruction by tearing stuff up and eating people (there has to be lots of people getting eaten). However, badass Chad and the Russian agents join forces, with the help of Chad’s scientist wife, and kill all the Space Scorpions, except for one (you always leave room for a sequel) which escapes into the Chesapeake Bay in nearby Norfolk, VA.
You know what? I think if there are Venusians, they actually look more like this:
A ‘solar tsunami’ washed upon our blue marble today. The largest solar storm since 2005 occured this past Sunday and the blast of radiation reached us today around 9 am EST. Isn’t a massive solar storm one of the predicitions of how we’re all suppose to all go away on December 21st? Spooky. I love this doom and gloom stuff! Lol. In honor of today’s groovy event, I’ve been playing the classic 1979 rock song by Billy Thorpe “Children of the Sun.” Indeed.
The following are posts I did on Twitter after watching an episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. I rearranged the Twitter posts so they can be understood better.
- I learned something today watching Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman in the episode What Are We Made Of?. http://bit.ly/c35QzD 2:19 PM Aug 3rd via bitly
- What Are We Made Of? Dig inside the atom and you’ll find tiny particles held together in a sea of empty space. #higgs Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:23:07 PM via web
- Dig even deeper and you’ll find everything is made of tiny packets of energy born in a cosmic furnaces. #Higgs Tuesday, August 03, 2010
- Energy that cools down and dragged through a mysterious force called #Higgs http://bit.ly/bJKfB8 Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:24:18 PM via bitly
- The energy that is dragged through the #Higgs field clumps together to form everything that we call matter. Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:24:53 PM via web
- Matter is made up of particles called atoms. Atoms are comprised of a nucleus consisting of a proton & neutron with an electron orbiting it. Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:25:30 PM via web
- Inside the nucleus of an atoms are particles called quarks. Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:25:42 PM via web
- Quarks are known as elementary particles, a particle not known to have substructure. It is not known to be made up of smaller particles. Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:26:27 PM via web
- The CERN particle accelerator in Geneva, Switzerland is trying to find evidence of the #Higgs field http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:30:31 PM via web
- Now you know what matter is made up of. Simple. If confused by this tweet, see earlier posts. Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:33:00 PM via web
I really like conspiracy stuff. Love it! I especially like the doomsday predictions. Today, 09/09/09, was believed by some people to be the end of days. So far, so good. However, we still have 2012 coming our way. A Twitter friend of mine @bloodandfirexxx (formally @Wolfcraaft) sent me a YouTube link that is scary. The video is an edited look at recent happenings in and around our world.
I don’t know about you, but I now want to go to a dark room and suck my thumb.
Yes. The media, both conservative and liberal, love a crisis. I never really believed in Global Warming. I did like Al Gore’s documentary An Inconvenient Truth, but it never convinced me that the Earth is dying. If anything, I believe the Earth is cooling. Al Gore should debate someone like John Coleman (founder of the Weather Channel), sell tickets and donate the money to charity. Global Warming really is bad science.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
I also found these videos on YouTube of John Coleman speaking out against global warming: